In the coming days, we might be dealing with the subject of depression in regard to the VA Tech shootings.
Here are some organizations to call for context from Al’s Morning Meeting.
Here are some resources to help journalists:
- American Psychiatric Association Phone: (703) 907-7300
- American Psychological Association Toll-free: (800) 374-2721
- National Institute of Mental Health
Phone: (301) 443-4513
- Mental Health America Toll-free: (800) 969-6642
- Center for Mental Health Services Toll-free: (800) 789-2647
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance Toll-free: (800) 826-3632
- Depression and Related Affected Disorders Association Toll Free: (888) 288-1104
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Toll-free: (800) 950-6264
- The Mental Health Research Association
Toll-free: (800) 829-8289
- The International Foundation for Research and Education on Depression
Phone: (410) 268-0044
Al’s Morning Meeting for 4/19/07.